Amanda Graves, based in Louisville, KY, wants to help her clients remember the flakes of skin on their baby’s toes, their perfect lips, and how they fit in their hands. But she also gets giddy when the kiddos get big. She gets to help families remember everything about their kids — those crooked smiles, scrunchy nose grins and everything in between. During her shootout, she will demonstrate how she interacts with the model family but most importantly, how she photographs their sweet baby. It’s sure to be a day filled with an amazing family and some amazing photography. Amanda is on the blog today discussing the pros of using a studio for lifestyle newborn photography.
My studio is one of my favorite places to be other than the beach. It’s quiet and peaceful. It’s filled with lots of beautiful, natural light. I want it to be a place that my clients can come and enjoy their newborn session. I want them to come to their session with no worries. They can be confident that they will receive beautiful images without having to clean their house, which in my book is always a win.
Lifestyle newborn sessions in my studio have become my FAVORITE session to do. There are many benefits to these types of sessions for me, the photographer, and my clients. I have photographed many clients in their homes and the sessions went great, but I love having my own space. I love being able to create a place that inspires me and keeps me creative.
So here are the pros:
1. I have control of the light in my studio. Light is so important to me and my style of photography. I have everything set up perfectly for the best light.
2. Styling of the studio is so important. It sets the tone for the images. I am constantly changing things around and buying new things to create a beautiful atmosphere in my studio.
3. My clients do not have to worry about their house being clean when doing the session. They can just come to the studio and know that I have all of that taken care of. I don’t know about you but my house wasn’t in order once I got home from the hospital. I have stuff laying everywhere. I remembered how I just had to let some things go and my house was that thing for a bit.
4. I am in love with beautiful, knit wraps and bonnets. I have a room full of my favorite things. I love a perfectly, wrapped newborn baby and all my supplies are at my studio. I love the ease of showing up there knowing I don’t have to pack and plan for every detail. I don’t have to worry about forgetting things. I might be known for forgetting a few things every now and again.
5. The biggest advantage for me to have a studio is that it makes me happy every time I walk in. I want to be there. I don’t stress about the location when I have studio sessions. I want my clients to love it just as much as I do. So yeah, it’s my happy place!
I am so excited for The Reset Conference this year. I attended last year in Louisville, Kentucky and it was exactly was my soul needed. I have been excited to use what I learned and to honestly fall back in love with what I do. I hope to see you all there this year and we can “reset” together.